Quilting Tips & Techniques
Just as About Quilting
presents information about the craft of quilting, here we present articles on how to create quilt projects. You can also visit Mystery Quilt Projects
if you are looking for a new quilting project.
- Needle Turn Applique - Follow the step-by-step process to create a work or art with Needle Turn Applique.
- Tricky Triangles - Triangles don't have to be tricky with these easy methods to construct half square and quarter square triangles.
- Be Fussy - Learn what fussy cutting is and how you can use it to make your quilt more interesting.
- A Log Cabin - Walk through the steps to construct a log cabin quilt block in this article.
- Back It Up - You can add interest and hide seams when piecing your quilt backing as explained here.
- Bind It - Binding is more than a way to finish the raw edges of your quilt. Learn how to make it interesting too.
- Disappearing Act - This article explains how you can take a nine-patch block and make it into a disappearing nine-patch block.
- Create a Flange - Lean how to make a quilt flange to add dimension and interest to your quilt project.
- Magic Panels - This article suggest different ways you can make a panel part of a pieced quilt top.
- Making a Sandwich - After you've finished piecing your top but before you start quilting, you can follow this process to make your quilt sandwich.
- Lighten Up! - Making a lightweight quilt for warm weather is easy following the methods discussed here.
- Make Color Your Friend - You can use the colors in fabric to choose the colors for your next quilt.
- Cutting Tips - Before you start cutting that fabric, you may want to check these tips about cutting.
- All for a Friend - We present friendship quilts and how they come about.